Classes are momentarily held on Zoom! Please check the schedule on the Zoom page!
Christine teaches group classes and private sessions in Montauk, NY and travels to teach Workshops and Retreats in the US, Canada, Costa Rica, and Europe.
Summer Schedule Montauk:
@ Yoga Lila, 12 South Etna Ave, Montauk www.yogalilamontauk.com
Mysore-Style: Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays 7:15 – 9:15 am
General Class Descriptions
Mysore Style Classes
are Ashtanga Yoga classes, as traditionally practiced in Mysore, India, the home of the late Sri K. Pattabhi Jois. The Mysore class is a group class where students have a self-paced practice, with verbal instruction and hands-on adjustments from the teacher. Because the instruction in a Mysore class is highly individualized, it is appropriate for both new students as well as more advanced practitioners. This unique combination of individualized pace and instruction within a group class gives each student the ability to work at his/her own level, while enjoying the inspiration and energy of a group. Each student is taught and supported by the teacher as he/she memorizes the sequence and develops a personal rhythm to the practice. This class is appropriate for students of all levels and is an excellent opportunity to develop a practice that can slowly build over a lifetime. Knowing the sequence of postures is not required, just being open-minded, curious, and receptive to learning.
Private Instruction in Montauk with Christine
Students book private lessons for a variety of intentions:
With private yoga lessons, you’ll get personalized instruction from Christine based on your health, experience, and goals. Classes are designed to meet your personal needs
- Grasping the basics of the Ashtanga yoga system (3+ sessions recommended)
- Developing confidence to practice in a group setting, especially Mysore classes
- Tailoring the practice to benefit a sport or passion outside of the studio, like running, swimming or surfing.
- Dissecting and perfecting specific and/or challenging postures, whether they be fundamental postures or more advanced vinyasa sequences.
- Learning to modify a practice while healing from injury, acute or chronic
- Cultivating a therapeutic practice to improve health issues like low back pain or stress management
- Receiving one-on-one attention in a private space
- Exploring yogic philosophy and ritual practice
$150-225 per individual session (60-90 min.) Group rates upon request.
Travel time is additional. Sliding scale is available for those in need. Please note 24h advance notice is required for cancellation of private sessions (48 hours for groups). Sessions cancelled with less than the required notice will be charged to the client.
To schedule a Private Session, please contact Christine